Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Theyr'e hear....

and not a moment too soon. Meet our new barn cats (tentatively) Tony (black) and Maria.

Tony is much friendlier than Maria. She is NOT a happy camper. He doesn't mind being petted. We don't know if she minds yet, no one has been brave enough to try.

They came with the names Romper and Maria. WE don't like the name Romper but don't mind Maria. Stef thought Tony would be a good match for Maria (West Side Story). Everyone likes it except Niko. He is campaigning for a different name.

Now it is time for ... Drum roll please ... my daily brag about LALA!!! Look at her, she is so sweet and already protecting the kitties even though they scare the crap out of her! It's pretty funny. They have both jumped and hissed at her.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm curious if lala is wanting to "protect" them or "eat" them. once you let them free...guess we'll see. how long are you keeping them caged?

btw - i like the names tony and maria but i am curious what niko's choices are :)

Tiffany said...

MISTY!! Yes, I am yelling at you. Don't say that about Lala. She was keeping the other dogs out and making sure the goats didn't crowd them. Gosh!

Niko has offered Mario, Gary (yech), and James. He's mad at us but I think Tony is going to stick.

Anonymous said...



Maria, at first glance scares me.

She does NOT look happy..Lala is the one I fear for.

One vote for Niko from Iowa

Tiffany said...

Thank you Grandma. Not for the vote for Niko, but the your confidence in Lala. (Sticking my tongue out at Misty)

Anonymous said...

heehee - love me.

TONY wins

Anonymous said...

LaLa has the same look I had on my face last nite as I eyed my pint of Bluebell.

I vote for Popeye and Olive Oil.

Are we voting?

Tiffany said...

LEAVE LALA ALONE! I'll tell her you are being mean to her then you better be careful next time you come over here!

NO, we are not voting, but I do like Popeye and Olive Oil. I'll tuck that away for future reference.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Popeye and Olive Oil. I vote for that one. Sue

Tiffany said...

We're not voting! :)