Friday, February 6, 2009

Random pics


This is Charity and Cole hanging out in the tiki hut. Someone finally uses that spot! We let Cole out a few weeks ago because he was so lonesome all by himself in the buck pen. I figured all the girls were bred so we didn't have to worry about unwanted pregnancies. I am so glad we let him out too, because out of nowhere Holly went into heat last week! I saw Cole mount her several times so I hope she is now taken care of too. The only other question about him being with the girls is that sometimes the buck scent can make the girls' milk taste off. We haven't noticed anything so far though.


This is Lazy DD. I swear not a day goes by that she doesn't scare me to death. I always think she is dead. She lays so still in the weirdest positions.



Here's our big porkers. I tape weighed them yesterday and they were 170 lbs. We want to get them up to 250 before we butcher them, but it seems like it is taking forever. Stef and I discussed maybe feeding some pig feed to beef them up a little.

No comments: