Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Barn Cats

Stupid, stupid, stupid rats and mice. I recently heard you could not have both a rat infestation and a mouse infestation. They were wrong. We have seen mice running around occasionally and the poop around the milk stand is either from a rat or giant mouse, which really is just a rat anyway, right? They are no longer avoiding the area around the rat trap, they are just walking and pooping all around it. This morning I found a big hole in the top of a plastic garbage can we were using to hold chicken scratch. Chewed straight through. Stupid,Stupid,Stupid.


Yeah, I know they actually sound pretty smart, but I'm sure you get my gist. At first I though it was a raccoon, but a raccoon would have just opened it up and wouldn't have had to chew through the bag. The teeth marks are pretty big on the lid. I think it had to be rats. Anyway, Stef is picking up 2 barn cats at an animal shelter today. 2 because the lady at the shelter convinced me that these cats weren't completely feral, just preferred other animals to humans, and would be happier with 2 of them. I'm starting to feel I may have been taken. She even mentioned me taking 3 at one point. I'll post pics later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are the rats bigger then the cats?

One look at maria and the rodents will all head for the hills

Tiffany said...

I hope so.