Sunday, March 15, 2009

Busy Day

I couldn't stand my messy barn any more! The boys spent the day raking it out and I rearranged some things and fixed all of the broken stuff. We have not been letting the goats and dogs out on the pasture lately because I'm trying to give the land a chance to regenerate. The dogs haven't taken kindly to this and have been tearing up some fence and some of the barn finding ways out. We reinforced the barn and fixed the fence. I hope we have stopped them. We had a neighbor stop at our house the other night saying the pups have been visiting her in the early mornings, like at 4am or 5am and hanging out in the road. Now, by the time we go out to do chores around 8:30 they are back in with the goats. Sneaky devils. I had no idea they were getting out! Now the trash strewn across the yard makes a lot more sense. Hopefully we will have our pasture area sectioned off into quarters soon so we can rotate them and I won't have to keep everyone in the barnyard. Don't feel bad for them, they have an entire acre in the barnyard area.

Also, moved some hay around and found a momma rat and her 6 babies. The momma got away but her babies didn't. Of course Maria was on the roof and wouldn't come down so I had to throw the babies up to her. She knew what to do with them though. I still can't believe I just chucked them up on the roof. In my defense they were in grave danger of becoming PET rats of Niko's. I think I did them a service really. By the way, from today on I refuse to carry Maria off the roof to her food like I have been doing every morning. I saw her get down herself today and feel like a schmuck.

I don't think I have mentioned we got 2 new rabbits. We got them free off of Craigslist. They are really friendly and Niko is very happy one of them is black. Anyway, Stef made 2 more rabbit cages today also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


You and the boys have been very busy,,

Cats are so smart. My experince is that they can twist any human around their little paws.

I have learned to love rabbits..they
are really very independent secies.

many kudos to the Finley family..

almost single handed you have done much for your part of this earth

love