Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I am a Liar or Voting Day Miracles!

First of all I am a liar because we found about 12 eggs today. That is also a miracle. At least 6 of those could have been laid by the same hen (Niko found a little hidey hole with the cache back in the pig pen), but I'm pretty sure the other 6 were separate hens!! I think one was laying for her very first time. After she laid the egg she screamed and cackled bloody murder for a good minute; either horrified of her first experience or really proud of what she produced.
The second miracle is that it rained at our house today!! Yes, I mean that wet stuff that falls from the sky. I couldn't remember the name of it at first but then it all came back to me when the glorious wet stuff smacked me on the face as I looked up in wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


So the old lady is at Dalhs shopping this AM. Needing eggs I see one, only one, carton of eggs left that is labeled "cage free"
Large Brown Eggs so I grabed them, put them in my cart and thought of your chickens and your philosophy of farming.

Your hen was telling the world 'look at what I can do'.
Love it.