Thursday, April 30, 2009

Liquid Soap

Well, I have been braving the world of liquid soap. I have 2 batches under my belt. One turned out an awful mess and the other is great. The first, I made with goats milk and I had to cook it for 3 days and wasn't finished with it fora whole week. The second I decided not to use milk and only had to cook it for a few minutes and then store it in a cooler for the rest of the night. It was finished in 2 or 3 days. I am working on one now using the second method with added milk.

This is the first milk batch. It is a dark color because of the milk. The oils are separating, I think it is because I didn't mix it long enough in the beginning. this is the second batch. It is really clear, like it is supposed to be. My last one with milk should be clear but a dark amber color.

I am using the first batch for home use. It's not pretty, but it's still soap.

No comments: