Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Egg!!! Psych...

I was so excited today when I found an egg in the chicken yard today. I haven't moved the nest boxes in yet since we moved them so seeing the egg lit a fire under my butt. I didn't want to use it for us because it was dirty and I wasn't really sure how long it had been out there. So tonight while we were doing chores I was going to give it to one of the dogs. DD was the lucky girl. I tried to break the egg but it was weird like it had a really hard shell, so I tried to crack it harder. OMG, it was a hard boiled egg that had been in a pile of scraps intended for food for the chickens. The egg was supposed to be broken up into small pieces for the chickens to eat. Well, I felt pretty dumb being all happy that my chickens finally started laying eggs. I thought it was pretty big for being a first egg, didn't even dawn on me that the egg was white and I only have colored egg layers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have also five hens in my backyard. My father told me that if you want eggs you must take care of your hens. I properly manage my backyard for my hens and therefore my hens give five eggs daily. I eat these eggs in the breakfast.

Outsourcing Solution in BPO

ricky

Anonymous said...

tiff that is so funny...haha.

Tiffany said...

Well, Ricky, from your post I'm not sure if you think I'm not taking care of my hens or not. Either way I'm happy for you and your chickens.

Tiffany